THE GREAT FISH
Scripture: Jonah 1:17
Series: Jonah – God’s Relentless Love
Speaker: Adam Burton
Date: May 24, 2020
In this week’s worship service, we have some special music in honor of Memorial Day and Pastor Adam Burton will share a message titled, “The Great Fish,” looking at how a powerful God teaches us lessons, even when it isn’t pleasant.
THINK IT OVER
Use these questions to help you think through this message and how you can apply it to your life.
- On what basis should one reading Jonah’s account believe the miraculous account of the fish swallowing Jonah? Why is this miraculous account important to the gospel story?
- What are some ways in which Jonah’s account resembles the account of Christ? What might the resemblance say about the plan of God for all mankind? What might the resemblance say about the character of Scripture?
- Why do you think obeying God is always in our best interest?
- How has this sermon encouraged you?
- To whom might God be sending you to share the gospel? How can you take advantage of opportunities to share with them this week?
*Questions come from Christ-Centered Exposition and smallgroup.com.